Ukiah, California
4.1K views 31 comments
1.5

For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues.

I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I liked it and ordered another so that I could have a spare. The one thing I did not like was that the first Aura came with a DEFECTIVE CHARGER. The charger is intermittent. When you connect the battery, the light might turn to red to indicate charging, or it might stay green and not charge, or setting the charger and battery down might change the state of the light. No issue. I was ordering another because I liked the magnetics, and I need a spare because of medical needs.

So, I ordered the another complete kit. A few weeks after starting to use the first pen, I noticed that the coils weren't heating up, and a black stripe developed on the lit power button, where part of the button no longer lit up. I changed the coil. The old coil wouldn't heat. The new coil glowed, but dimly. After a few uses, it stopped altogether.

I moved to the replacement pen. It worked fine. I figured that the battery was defective in the first pen. I ordered a replacement battery. Two days after placing the order for the new battery, the second pen developed the same issues that the first pen had. The black stripe appeared on the power button, and the coil will not heat. The charging unit was also flaky.

So, I now have two defective batteries with another on the way, two defective charging units, 8 atomizers that I can't use; close to $400 wasted.

If you try to call Dr. Dabber, you will get a recording telling you that they answer their phones at 9:00am, Mon-thru Fri. It's 8May16, Monday, at 9:55am.... and the message is still playing.

I wouldn't buy another failure of a Dr. Dabber product if my life depended on it. Seriously. The folks behind this product need to understand that MEDICAL USERS NEED RELIABLE PRODUCTS.

The only things reliable about the Dr. Dabber Aura are the defective power cables, and the failures documented above. The office staff of this company appear to be missing-in-action, making the COMPANY as unreliable as the product they hawk.

Review about: Dr Dabber Vape Kit.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I invest more money into a different product and Dr Dabber can go fuck themselves.

I liked: Fact that i am no longer a dr dabber customer.

Had an Experience with Dr Dabber?

Comments

Zep4
Topsfield, Massachusetts, United States #1339255

I'm also having the same problem with my charger staying green, so am not sure if it's charging. Agree, the magnetic connections are attractive but this charging problem sux. Luckily I have other vaporizers if this one proves a lemon as well:(

Mastic, New York, United States #1311783

Same thing here.They replaced my first battery and the new one worked for about a day.

Now it barley makes connection, I'm forced to have to twist the atomizer until I see it fires off. Then if in lucky, sometimes I'll get a light hit. It's a shame bc I have a dr dabber boost which works great, but these pens sucks. I would recommend a gpen any day over this.

Gpen is far from the best but is better than this and for me always seems to do the job.

Shame on Dr dabber for this inferior product.Luckily they will keep replacing parts for 1 year, so I will continue to squeeze every last *** battery I can get out of them for the next year.

Happy

I have had nothing but good experience with their customer service.

Josh
Westbrook, Connecticut, United States #1281709

Same exact problem here...Brand new, charge station is cheap shite, indicator lights mean nothing.

I TRY TO HEAT THE PEN, SOMETIMES IT HEATS THE ATOMIZER... MOSTLY JUST DOESN'T WORK. RETURNING MONDAY BUY

" PUFFCO+"

BEST PEN. THOUGH IT MAY NOT BE THE COOL MAGNETIC LINKAGE WE WERE HOPING FOR, THE PEN IS SOLID, WE'LL MADE, LIFETIME BATTERY WARRANTY!!!

HITS LIKE A CHAMPION, CLEAN CRISP DABS...I LOVE IT!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1281099

Same exact thing happened to me. Their batteries are shot.

Ya I have not even got to use mine yet. Bc vapor sent me a new charger but that obviously was not the problem and I sent them a new email just to do a switch and I've not heard anything back *** pens

Dan

#DrDabberSucks

Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada #1235558

Its *** true i agree with you, dane issued for me !! Bulshit !!!

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada #1233854

I have had the same problems.It seems like I have to twist the atomizer around to get a connect.

I have two as well and have had the same issue with the charger and coils not meeting the connect properly. I'm off to buy one of those candy pens or what ever they are called.

Something reliable.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1214298

Same issues here.Tried to complain to the site and tried to order a replacement battery.

Contacted them twice, no reply. Finally took the pen back to the shop i bought it. We traded out all the parts I already had for a new battery (exchanged at shop but since I only needed a new battery, guy at shop said he would "warranty" it). New battery worked for a couple days.

Now completely stopped.

Piece of junk!Don't buy this.

Dr Dabber Products and Services