Dr Dabber - Multiple Dr. Dabber AURA failures; $400 wasted while I am NOT

2 of 2 Dr Dabber reviews

For the record, I was a big Dr. Dabber fan. I owned their Ghost. I owned 2 Lights. No issues.

I bought a Dr. Dabber Aura because of the magnetics. I liked it and ordered another so that I could have a spare. The one thing I did not like was that the first Aura came with a DEFECTIVE CHARGER. The charger is intermittent. When you connect the battery, the light might turn to red to indicate charging, or it might stay green and not charge, or setting the charger and battery down might change the state of the light. No issue. I was ordering another because I liked the magnetics, and I need a spare because of medical needs.

So, I ordered the another complete kit. A few weeks after starting to use the first pen, I noticed that the coils weren't heating up, and a black stripe developed on the lit power button, where part of the button no longer lit up. I changed the coil. The old coil wouldn't heat. The new coil glowed, but dimly. After a few uses, it stopped altogether.

I moved to the replacement pen. It worked fine. I figured that the battery was defective in the first pen. I ordered a replacement battery. Two days after placing the order for the new battery, the second pen developed the same issues that the first pen had. The black stripe appeared on the power button, and the coil will not heat. The charging unit was also flaky.

So, I now have two defective batteries with another on the way, two defective charging units, 8 atomizers that I can't use; close to $400 wasted.

If you try to call Dr. Dabber, you will get a recording telling you that they answer their phones at 9:00am, Mon-thru Fri. It's 8May16, Monday, at 9:55am.... and the message is still playing.

I wouldn't buy another failure of a Dr. Dabber product if my life depended on it. Seriously. The folks behind this product need to understand that MEDICAL USERS NEED RELIABLE PRODUCTS.

The only things reliable about the Dr. Dabber Aura are the defective power cables, and the failures documented above. The office staff of this company appear to be missing-in-action, making the COMPANY as unreliable as the product they hawk.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Fact that i am no longer a dr dabber customer
  • What I disliked
    • Anything about it at all

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
I invest more money into a different product and Dr Dabber can go fuck themselves
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Aura
Review category
Shopping
review #844344 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dr Dabber? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Dr Dabber reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Dan

Nov 30 #1248161

#DrDabberSucks

Oct 30 #1233854 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

I have had the same problems. It seems like I have to twist the atomizer around to get a connect. I have two as well and have had the same issue with the charger and coils not meeting the connect properly. I'm off to buy one of those candy pens or what ever they are called. Something reliable.

2 0 Reply

Sep 17 #1214298 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Same issues here. Tried to complain to the site and tried to order a replacement battery. Contacted them twice, no reply. Finally took the pen back to the shop i bought it. We traded out all the parts I already had for a new battery (exchanged at shop but since I only needed a new battery, guy at shop said he would "warranty" it). New battery worked for a couple days. Now completely stopped. Piece of junk! Don't buy this.

1 0 Reply

Sep 22 #1216923

Hey all- i had the same problem BUT THERE IS A FIX!!! The problem lies in the magnetic connectors- sometimes the metal contact points don't touch, so no electricity flows to atomizer. All you need to do is take a tiny piece of aluminum foil, wad it up to a ball, and flatten it out. Then place on the round tab between the battery and atomizer. It has to be really thin, like 1/32 of an inch, or it won't work. Just thick enough to cover the gap. If the light flashes, it needs to be thinner. The edge of the foil ball you just made should not touch the any side parts or it won't work.
I've used it like this for months flawlessly. For the charging issue, just use the foil pad to ensure proper charging.

7 2 Reply

Nov 03 #1235907 Delta Junction, Alaska, United States

I've been having the same problem with my Aurora. I called Dr. Dabber today and was able to get someone on the phone after about a minute on hold. They recommended I try adjusting the battery contact to the atomizer by using the dab tool or tip of a screwdriver to contact the battery and then rotate it to raise up the part that connects to the atomizer. They also said if that didn't work to call back and they'd set me up with a warranty claim.

Nov 25 #1245576 Florian, Santa Catarina, Brazil

you the king man i love u im from brazil and my aurora dont work here and u tip resolve problem i loveu

Sep 10 #1210691 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Exact same thing has happened to me. While waiting for a response from Dr Dabber I found a store in Toronto that had replacement batteries so I bought one for $50. The battery had no charge when I first tried it. When I plugged it in to charge, the indicator light went red (yey!) but after a few minutes is flickered then went to green and did not charge (boo!).
I am extremely frustrated right now. I agree with a previous poster the DR D should ensure better quality and support for what is an important medical device for some.
I am going to return the second battery to the retailer and purchase something that actually works, which will NOT be a Dr Dabber product.

Aug 15 #1199090 Newark, New Jersey, United States

Then how about returning a phone call or an email once in a while? You guys spend all this money on this fancy technology in the month people by their *** out of luck. It's insane how soon after he bought this thing it stopped working and it worked great when I first got it! And then one by one every single piece broke. The Adam miser glass broke almost immediately Then BOTH coils! Now the batter won't charge!!! Come on!!!!!!

Aug 06 #1195534

Im having the same issues with my new unit less than 24 hours after purchase. The quartz atomizer worked at first, although im betting not fully.....but within an hour or two it was no longer glowing and only heating up enough to barely bubble the product. The donut coil has the same issue, which leaves me adsuming its a battery issue.
Not a good first impression.....

1 0 Reply

Jul 06 #1182064 Chico, California, United States

Having the same issues with my aurora pen. After a couple days, the battery is out and no atomizer will heat up from it. I am absolutely pissed and haven't even received a response from Dr. Dabber.

Rara

May 28 #1165719

I been waiting on a replacement battery and charger 4 mines 4 4 weeks they keep giving me the run around know they is saying they are switching shippers so wait dr dabber is full of *** i never had this problem with gpen,trippystix,or kandy but at lease i waisted only a 100 instead of 4 like u djrara82@gmail.com if u think im lying

Dr.Dabber

May 26 #1165147 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Hi,
Sorry You encountered an issue with your units. While you were trying to contact us we were going through a change internally. We apologize for the inconvenience but assure you if you call between 10am-5pm PST or email info@drdabber.com we will get you up and running on all of your units. We have a no questions asked warranty and want nothing more then for you to have a working unit.
Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Dabber

0 1 Reply

May 31 #1166863 Ukiah, California, United States

Okay. So... I decided to accept your excuses... and try to contact Dr. Dabber again.., to give them one more shot. I called 1-855-DOC-DABS at 9:27am Pacific, and two more times over the next few minutes. AGAIN, NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE TELEPHONES.
Must be some big change... to keep the phones from being answered weeks ago when I tried calling, all the way until this morning. What are you changing, other than the name from AURA to AURORA; a change that had to happen to avoid trademark issues with the original company that produced the AURA? What you should change is the execs who named it without researching, and the engineers who designed this thing to fail.
I NOW HAVE 3 FAILED UNITS.

0 2 Reply

Jun 02 #1168033

As you requested, I called Dr. Dabber. Nobody answering phones. Again. I left my name and number for a callback that never came. I then emailed Dr Dabber. Initially, weeks ago, I emailed Dr. Dabber. The second unit failed. I received an "oh no! we are so sorry" email response from Dr. Dabber that went into my trash.
Since no one will call me back from Dr. Dabber, I dug the email out of my trash and answered every question in it, along attached pictures of the failed Dr. Dabber AURORA (formerly Aura) batteries.
Again.... no response.
So, when you tell me that you "want to get (me) up and running on all (my) units", that really isn't true, now is it?
In fact, I am now going to continue posting on this thread, updates of just how many days go by WITH NO RESPONSE from Dr. Dabber.
Might as well get something for almost $400.00

0 1 Reply

Jun 02 #1168036

The attached pictures jus added will show the battery terminal of my third Dr. Dabber Aurora (formerly Aura) battery which stayed attached to the charger, separating from the unit. THe second photo shows the darkened power button on one of two batteries that wiil not heat on the low setting.

1 1 Reply
hookItUp

Aug 15 #1199089 Newark, New Jersey, United States

No answer surprise surprise!!!! I'm going to trash mine and tell everyone who will listen never to buy this piece of *** pen again!!!!! Not unless they want to waste their money and get absolutely NO SUPPORT!

0 0

May 11 #1157171

Mines is doing the same thing after 1 day

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dr Dabber. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dr Dabber.
Filing a new complaint about
×